Sekolah Pengajian Siswazah
Sekolah Pengajian Siswazah telah menikmati lebih daripada 60 tahun kepimpinan di Tennessee dan di Selatan, menghasilkan graduan yang berkualiti pergi untuk berkhidmat kepada masyarakat dan majikan mereka sebagai profesional terlatih. Sejak tahun 1949, apabila Lembaga Pendidikan Negeri diberi kuasa State College East Tennessee untuk menawarkan arahan siswazah, Sekolah Pengajian Siswazah telah berkembang dari satu Sarjana Muda Sastera dalam bidang pendidikan kepada lebih 60 jurusan dan kepekatan menyebabkan lebih daripada 120 pilihan program yang berbeza di seluruh 11 buah sekolah dan kolej.
Ditubuhkan pada tahun 1911, East Tennessee State University adalah salah satu daripada enam kolej negeri ditadbir oleh Tennessee Lembaga Regents. Dengan kira-kira 15,000 pelajar, Etsu cukup besar untuk menawarkan banyak pilihan dalam program dan aktiviti, tetapi cukup kecil untuk mengelakkan suasana yang menakutkan dan bersifat peribadi universiti yang lebih besar. East Tennessee State University yang diiktiraf oleh Persatuan Selatan Kolej dan Sekolah Suruhanjaya Kolej di 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30.033-4097, atau hubungi 404-679-4500 untuk soalan mengenai akreditasi Etsu ini.
Johnson City terletak dalam jarak yang singkat dari garis keadaan North Carolina dan Virginia, dan hanya sedikit lebih jauh dari Kentucky, South Carolina, dan West Virginia. Terletak hanya beberapa batu di luar negeri 26 dan hanya beberapa lebih dari Interstate 81, Etsu mudah dicapai dengan kereta. Lapangan Terbang Tri-Cities Regional, kemudahan perkhidmatan penuh disampaikan oleh Allegiant Air, Delta Connection, dan US Airways Express, terletak kira-kira 20 minit pemanduan dari kampus. Yang lebih luas Tri-Cities rantau menawarkan beberapa pelbagai tarikan termasuk pelbagai tempat bersejarah, Boone dan Watauga Lakes, dua orkestra simfoni, Pusat Bercerita Antarabangsa, perlumbaan NASCAR di Bristol Motor Speedway, dan pelbagai peluang sukan mendaki dan air. Dengan penduduk kira-kira 65,000, Johnson City menyediakan pelajar standard yang berpatutan hidup dengan jalan-jalan yang selamat dan berkembang maju masyarakat kejiranan di kawasan bandar, pinggir bandar dan luar bandar.
This school offers programs in:
Kemasukan & Syarat-syarat
International student application materials should be received by the following deadlines:
- April 29 - fall semester
- September 30 - spring semester
- February 1 - summer session
The School of Graduate Studies must be notified of any change in the entering date after admission has been granted. Individual programs may have earlier admission deadlines and additional requirements. For information regarding individual programs of study, applicants should contact the department whose program he or she wishes to enter and consult the Graduate Catalog.
These standards and materials are required of all applicants regardless of program. Individual program requirements are additional to the following:
- A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution. European students with three-year Bologna bachelor's degrees and Indian students with three-year bachelor's degrees from Indian Universities ranked A (3.01 - 4.0) through the NAAC accreditation process will be considered to have equivalent four-year degrees.. Degrees from non-accredited institutions or from institutions outside the U.S. will be evaluated on an individual basis.
- Applicants must meet one of the following GPA requirements:
- 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- 16 on a 20-point scale.
- 80.0 from Chinese institutions.
- 1st Class, 2nd Class Honors, or 1st and upper 2nd Division from Indian institutions.
- Upper 2nd Class Honors on various British systems.
- Other grading systems will be evaluated upon receipt of transcripts.
- A completed admissions application
Other grading systems will be evaluated upon receipt of official transcripts. Please note that the ETSU School of Graduate Studies provides this general GPA converter as a free service to convert specific grades to a 4.0 scale. Applicants whose transcripts come from a country with multiple grading systems may wish to pursue a more specific GPA converter (such as offered by WES).
- A personal essay of 150-300 words, detailing your interests in a graduate program at ETSU.
- Submit the non-refundable application fee of $55.00. The application fee must be submitted before any further application materials can be sent to the graduate school.
- One official transcript from every college or university where the applicant has taken courses including proof of all degrees received. If the records are not in English,certified translations that are attested by the awarding institution must be sent in addition to the official documents. Notarized copies and third-party attestations are not acceptable. Individual-year mark sheets from Indian institutions are required. Summary mark sheets are not accepted.
- Certification of English Proficiency: Graduate students whose native language is not English must submit one of the following:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
- Score of 79 (Internet-Based)
- Score of 550 (Paper-based)
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- Score of 6.5
- PTE Academic score of 53 or higher
- Documentation showing the successful completion of the ELS Language Centers level 112 course.
- Proof of degree from an accredited U.S. institution.
- All international students who receive a tuition scholarship or graduate assistantship must sit for an oral English proficiency interview immediately upon their arrival at ETSU.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
- Insurance Coverage: All international students are required to have acceptable insurance coverage against illness and accidents. The health and accident insurance must be maintained throughout the student's enrollment at ETSU.
- Qualified international students may be considered for graduate non-degree admission to ETSU only as
- Visiting students during vacation/breaks from other collegiate institutions in the U.S.
- Non-Degree students enrolled in ETSU courses offered outside the U.S.
- Non-Degree students enrolled in appropriate ETSU campus classes. Students in category 3 who are on ETSU IAP-66s (J-1 status) must pursue programs of full-time study approved by the School of Graduate Studies, International Programs and Services, and the appropriate academic division.
- Address to Send Documents to the Graduate School
For regular mail send all documents to the following address:
ETSU School of Graduate Studies
P.O. Box 70720
Johnson City, TN 37614 For overnight packages sent via DHL, FedEx, and UPS:
ETSU Central Receiving
Attention: ETSU School of Graduate Studies
325 Treasure Lane
Johnson City, TN 37614
- Payment of Application Fee
If the application fee was not paid when the application was submitted in Goldlink, it may be paid by clicking here.
- Documented evidence of financial resources sufficient to support the student during the period of enrollment must be sent to International Programs. For more information regarding the estimated cost of attending ETSU per calendar year click here (figures subject to change) or contact International Programs and Services.
- Check the Graduate Catalog for additional departmental requirements such as GRE scores or Letters of Recommendation.
A student must be admitted, submit financial documentation, and have his or her degree confirmed before the university can issue an I-20 or DS-2019 form needed to obtain a visa. The university will not enroll any student who has not been approved initially or for transfer by the Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) to attend East Tennessee State University. International students accepted for graduate study will receive a letter of acceptance from the university. This letter and the SEVIS I-20 form furnished by the university must be presented to the consular officer of the United States to which the applicant applies for a student visa. ETSU will not accept visas issued for admission to other colleges or universities. International students admitted to graduate study are encouraged to arrive on campus two weeks prior to the beginning of classes and should contact International Programs and Services as soon as they arrive. It is the responsibility of a non-immigrant applicant to comply with current INS regulations in regard to collegiate enrollment. New INS regulations may prohibit the enrollment of an individual in B-1 or B-2 status. International Programs and Services administers the university's foreign student (F status) and visitor exchange (J status) programs. Other non-immigrant applicants may consult with this office.
In all cases the final decision to admit or reject an applicant rests with the university through the Dean of the School of Graduate Studies.